In order to provide you with the highest standard of dental care, this dental practice is required to collect personal information from you and your dependents. This information covers basic details such as your name, address and telephone number but it is also necessary for the dentist to obtain from you details regarding your general health and past medical and surgical events. Without this general health picture, the treating dentist is unable to plan your care properly. Naturally, some of this information is of a personal nature and some of it might be regarded as ‘sensitive’ and not the sort of information that you would wish to be unnecessarily disclosed to others.
Images of your teeth and smile may need to be taken both before and after your treatment. These images may be used in a practice portfolio to showcase examples of dental work to other patients but with your identity remaining anonymous. If your images are chosen to be place on the website or Facebook, we will seek verbal consent from you first. All images of you will be stored in your personnel profile.
We value the need to safeguard this information and, in accordance with the principles laid down in privacy legislation and the guidelines issued by the Australian Dental Association, we would like to assure you that:
– This information will only be used by the treating dentist in order to deliver your care to the highest standards.
– It will not be disclosed to those not associated with your treatment without your consent except as provided under the legislation and where we consider you would have a reasonable expectation of us to provide such information.
– You may seek access to the information held about you and we will provide this access without undue delay. This access might be by inspection of your dental records at the time of appointment or by special access or copying of information.
– We will take reasonable steps to ensure at all times that the details we keep about you are accurate, complete and up to date.
– We will take reasonable steps to protect this information from misuse or loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
– Our staffs are trained to respect these principles at all times.
Our standard policy requires full payment of your account on the day of your treatment. In certain cases a deposit may be required prior to the commencement of treatment. We accept all health funds. If you have forgotten to bring your health fund card, we ask that you pay and then claim back directly from your health fund.
Due to the difficulty of filling last-minute cancellations, we respectfully request 24 hours’ notice. If this request is not fulfilled, it will be necessary to charge a $50 fee for missed appointments or last-minute cancellations.